The incubator intends to support early-stage startups with deep technology, science, or engineering solutions to the neglected problems of an emerging world.
Eligible startups will have a proven ability to build quickly, sell to customers, and evolve their idea into a business that can grow.
To be accepted into the AIM-Dado Banatao Incubator Program, the startup must meet the following criteria:
- Team of two to six members with at least one founder with rigorous science / engineering / technical expertise and one founder with market and business development expertise
- Both tech and business co-founders will work on the business full-time
- Open to non-AIM students and graduates
- Early product demonstrating a strong core science, technology or engineering innovation, or vetted market need, up to a minimum viable product
- Open to early-stage startups with or without prior external funding, revenues, or customer traction
- Focus on sectors that need innovative solutions
- S&T-based solutions in communications, agriculture, health, AI, IoT, and so on
- Need not be limited to software; can also include hardware and business model innovations