The Philippine Development Foundation (PhilDev) is a non-profit organization that aims to eradicate poverty in the Philippines. We believe that we can achieve this by focusing on technology-based education, innovation and entrepreneurship. We partner with government, academe, development agencies, and the private sector to build development programs that address specific gaps in the ecosystem.
The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) has partnered with PhilDev to implement the Innovation for Social Impact Fund (SIF) that runs for 36 months, January 2018-December 2020. The goal is to accelerate the formation of technology-based social enterprises (SEs) that address multi-sectoral needs and that are scalable and globally competitive, while answering domestic and regional needs.
The SIF team is comprised of a dynamic group of impassioned professionals from various backgrounds. We believe in a highly collaborative working environment that is results driven and people-focused.
Greenhills, San Juan City
To be negotiated
Mandatory Benefits, HMO
Purpose and responsibilities of the role
The Junior accountant shall be responsible for PhilDev’s book keeping, government compliance, cash flow forecasting, production of financial reports, payroll and other finance, accounting and administrative related jobs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepares and maintains books of accounts
- Create transaction entries
- Manages all Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable
- Prepares Bank Reconciliation
- Prepares Monthly reports and budget comparison and variance analysis
- Improves chart of accounts and bookkeeping policies and procedures
- Prepares required government filing requirements
- Create checks and record in to the system
- Coordinate with government and licensing agencies for compliance requirements
- Keeps abreast of governmental regulation changes, particularly relating to HR and filing requirements
- Communicates with suppliers for any finance details.
- Prepares comparison for canvassing of services/products/suppliers
- Payment and reporting the contribution for PHIC, SSS and HDMF
- Preparing the summary for BIR payment
- Other duties as required
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting or Business or Finance Degree
- Must have 1-2 years of experience
- Highly proficient in MS Office (Excel, Word and PowerPoint)
- Must have an excellent time management skills and work according to given priorities and deadlines.
- Organized and detailed
- Collaborative team player, service oriented and good interpersonal skills.
- Detail and can work in minimal Supervision
- Must be open, willing to learn and highly flexible
- Must have a sense of Filipino Nationalism