Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Assistant
The Philippine Development Foundation (PhilDev) is a non-profit organization that aims to eradicate poverty in the Philippines. We believe that we can achieve this by focusing on technology-based education, innovation and entrepreneurship. We partner with government, academe, development agencies and the private sector to build strategies that address specific gaps in the ecosystem.
The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) has partnered with PhilDev to implement the Innovation for Social Impact Fund (SIF) that runs for 36 months, January 2018-December 2020. The goal is to accelerate the formation of technology-based social enterprises that address multi-sectoral needs and that are scalable and globally competitive, while answering domestic and regional needs.
The SIF team is comprised of a dynamic group of impassioned professionals from various backgrounds. We believe in a highly collaborative working environment that is results driven and people-focused.
Project employment (6 months probationary period)
34 months, 1 March 2018 to 31 December 2020
Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
Greenhills, San Juan City
To be negotiated
Statutory Philippine government benefits.
Purpose and responsibilities of the role:
The M&E Assistant shall provide technical support in the efficient and effective conduct of Monitoring and Evaluation initiatives/activities of PhilDev, with a special focus on data gathering, coordination, and report writing of the UNDP SIF Program.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide technical and administrative support to M&E activities.
- Document meetings, workshops, and activities to update, review, and monitor strategic plans of PhilDev’s programs/projects.
- Apply tools, methods, and instruments to monitor and gather data on performance indicators as prescribed/approved by PhilDev’s programs
- Conduct audits according to the approved performance monitoring framework and work plans of PhilDev’s programs and projects.
- Maintain the database of key performance indicators according to the approved performance monitoring framework of PhilDev’s programs
- Cascade qualitative and quantitative data in the prescribed Monitoring and Evaluation sheets of PhilDev’s programs
- Assist in the development of monthly, quarterly, and year-end reports.
- Perform other functions that will be assigned by the Program Director (SIF Manager) and Program Officer (M&E Officer)
- Assist M&E Officer develop the reports.
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in Community Development, Public Administration, Development Communication, or any social science.
- 2 years of minimum M&E related experience in any field.
- Working knowledge on monitoring and evaluation methodologies i.e. both quantitative and qualitative data collection, processing and analysis.
- Knowledge in data collection, tools, and processes.
- Solid experience in high-pressure environments.
- Proficiency in Microsoft and Google Office suites.
- Adept with technical writing, and business writing.
- Ability to multi-task, goal oriented, deadline-driven.
- Preferably has a government/development work experience.
- Expectation of complete confidentiality on all business matters
Interested applicants should submit their cover letter and CV to email@example.com. Deadline for submitting CV and cover letter is January 31, 2018.