The Philippine Development Foundation (PhilDev) is a non-profit organization that aims to eradicate poverty in the Philippines. We believe that we can achieve this by focusing on technology-based education, innovation and entrepreneurship. We partner with government, academe, development agencies and the private sector to build strategies that address specific gaps in the ecosystem.
The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) has partnered with PhilDev to implement the Innovation for Social Impact Fund (SIF) that runs for 36 months, January 2018-December 2020. The goal is to accelerate the formation of technology-based social enterprises that address multi-sectoral needs and that are scalable and globally competitive, while answering domestic and regional needs.
The SIF team is comprised of a dynamic group of impassioned professionals from various backgrounds. We believe in a highly collaborative working environment that is results driven and people-focused.
(6 months probationary period)
34 months, 1 March 2018 to 31 December 2020
Social Entrepreneurship (SE) Officer
Greenhills, San Juan City
To be negotiated
Statutory Philippine government benefits.
Purpose and responsibilities of the role
The Mentorship Coordinator shall be responsible for assisting the SE Officer in ensuring high quality delivery of current programs as well as understanding what tech-based social entrepreneurs need. At a day-to-day level, the Mentorship Coordinator will help the SE Officer run the mentorship program. His/her key responsibilities will include executing project plans, reviewing applications, conducting interviews, matching mentors to mentees, monitoring mentor-mentee relationships, maintaining a community platform (social media) in coordination with the Communications Officer, and collecting/aggregating feedback. He/she will provide ongoing support to the SE Officer in his duties.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Track program data, aggregate metrics and provide regular reporting
- Contact admins and executives to schedule logistics of events
- Maintain training and events calendar and attendance database; coordinate training rooms, attendees and facilitators
- Manage event logistics with high level of professionalism
- Build efficiency and effective responsiveness into existing operations.
Skills / Qualifications
- 2 years experience with event/program management and event coordination
- Background in Business, Economics, and/or Science & Technology preferred
- Highly organized and extremely detailed-oriented; ability to handle simultaneous projects with moving parts
- Expectation of complete confidentiality on all business matters
- Creative problem-solving skills, an understanding of group and corporate dynamics, demonstrated ability to employ sound judgment in complex situations
- In addition to being organized and analytical, possess the strong business judgment and communication skills needed to interact with senior executives
- Ability to adapt quickly, be flexible, creative, organized, and resourceful
- Demonstrated ability to navigate complex webs of stakeholders and create alignment
- Ability to operate with flexibility in a fast-paced, constantly evolving and collaborative environment
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills; strong organizational skills, detail oriented, and the ability to handle multiple priorities
- Proficiency in Microsoft and Google Office suites