Now on its second year of partnership, PhilDev and USAID present the 2015 Innovative Development through Entrepreneurship Accelerator (IDEA) Symposium and Workshop, to be held February 26-28, in Cebu City.
The Symposium on February 26 creates a space for dialogue between Philippine higher education institutions, government officials, startup entrepreneurs and leading technologists.
The Symposium will be followed by two days of Workshops, a series of hands-on entrepreneurship trainings for science and engineering students and startup entrepreneurs. Professors and entrepreneurs will speak at the workshop on how to identify market needs, create a product from innovative research, incubate a business and work with venture capital.
Speakers at the Symposium and Workshops include entrepreneurs, professors and economists:
- Dado Banatao, PhilDev Founder and head of Tallwood Venture Capital
- Dr. Patricia Licuanan, Chairperson, Commission on Higher Education
- Kai Elmer Sotto, former Head of International Development at Instagram
- Dr. Francisco "Paco" Sandejas, Managing Partner, Narra Ventures
- Dr. Ikhlaq Sidhu, Chief Scientist and Director, Center for Entrepreneurship and Technology (CET) at the University of California, Berkeley, USA
- Dr. Rigoberto Advincula, Professor, Department of Macromolecular Science and Engineering, Case Western Reserve University, USA
- Dr. Aurora Matias, Dean and Executive Director at the College of Engineering, University of the Philippines – Diliman
See our detailed schedule of events.
These events are co-hosted by PhilDev S&T and USAID.
Update: Tickets for the 2015 IDEA Symposium and Workshop have sold out.
In partnership with: