Organizational Capacity Development (OCD) Coordinator
The Philippine Development Foundation (PhilDev) is a non-profit organization that aims to eradicate poverty in the Philippines. We believe that we can achieve this by focusing on technology-based education, innovation and entrepreneurship. We partner with government, academe, development agencies and the private sector to build strategies that address specific gaps in the ecosystem.
The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) has partnered with PhilDev to implement the Innovation for Social Impact Fund (SIF) that runs for 36 months, January 2018-December 2020. The goal is to accelerate the formation of technology-based social enterprises (SEs) that address multi-sectoral needs and that are scalable and globally competitive, while answering domestic and regional needs.
The SIF team is comprised of a dynamic group of impassioned professionals from various backgrounds. We believe in a highly collaborative working environment that is results driven and people-focused.
Project Employment (6 months probationary period)
34 months, 1 March 2018 to 31 December 2020
Program Officer (Organizational Capacity Development Officer)
Greenhills, San Juan City
To be negotiated
Statutory Philippine government benefits
The Organizational Capacity Development (OCD) Coordinator shall provide technical support to the OCD Officer in the efficient and effective conduct of OCD activities of the UNDP-SIF project. The OCD component of the project has an overarching goal of preparing SEs to commercialize and scale up through the provision of trainings and workshops that will improve their knowledge and skill set. An equally important output of the OCD component is to improve and strengthen the SEs’ working relationship through group dynamics and team building activities. Theoretical knowledge and actual experience in Adult-learning theories and Organizational Development principles are necessary while a higher order thinking skills and a strong social development orientation are required.
Duties and Responsibilities
The OCD Coordinator shall provide technical support to the OCD Officer in the following OCD activities:
- Module development and design for workshops, trainings, and team-building activities
- Design the strategies concerning capacity and organizational strengthening of SEs;
- Prepare documents and logistics to support OCD activities
- Conduct workshops, trainings, and team building of SEs
- Conduct team assessments and dialogues with the SEs
- Preparation of reports for the OCD component
- Other functions that will be assigned by the Program Director (SIF Manager) and Program Officer (OCD Officer)
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in Community Development, Psychology, Sociology, Development Studies, Organizational Development, Development Communication, or any social science degree.
- 3 years of minimum experience in conducting trainings, workshops, and capacity-building activities
- Knowledge and experience in Adult-learning theories and Organizational Dev’t principles
- Expectation of complete confidentiality on all business matters
- Experience on being an entrepreneur or handling entrepreneurs is an advantage
- Proficiency in Microsoft and Google Office suites.
- Adept with technical writing and business writing.
- Preferably has a government/development work experience.