The Philippine Development Foundation (PhilDev) is a non-profit organization that aims to eradicate poverty in the Philippines. We believe that we can achieve this by focusing on technology-based education, innovation and entrepreneurship. We partner with government, academe, development agencies and the private sector to build strategies that address specific gaps in the ecosystem.
The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) has partnered with PhilDev to implement the Innovation for Social Impact Fund (SIF) that runs for 36 months, January 2018-December 2020. The goal is to accelerate the formation of technology-based social enterprises (SEs) that address multi-sectoral needs and that are scalable and globally competitive, while answering domestic and regional needs.
The SIF team is comprised of a dynamic group of impassioned professionals from various backgrounds. We believe in a highly collaborative working environment that is results driven and people-focused.
Greenhills, San Juan City
To be negotiated
Mandatory Benefits, HMO
Purpose and responsibilities of the role
The Operations Manager’s primary role is that of Admin and Finance. He/she shall take on the functions of Finance, Government Compliance, Human Resources, Administrative Functions, and Tracking of Operations of Programs and Projects.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee overall financial management, planning, systems
- Management of organization’s budget in coordination with the Executive Director
- Support Program Directors in development of program budgets.
- Responsible for external audit compliance and compilation compliance.
- Invoicing to funding sources, including calculation of completed units of service
- Payroll management, including tabulation of accrued employee benefits.
- Disbursement of checks for agency expenses
- Organization of fiscal documents
- Regular meetings with Executive Director around fiscal planning
- Manage and increase the effectiveness and efficiency of Support Services (HR, Admin and Finance), through improvements to each function as well as coordination and communication between support and program functions.
- Supervise and coach Administration and Accounting personnel on a weekly basis
- Make recommendations on staffing requirements. Initiate search for new hires and interns upon approval from ED
- Preparation of financial reports for various programs and the organization on actuals, budget and variances
- Something on cash projections
- Verifying and approving bank reconciliation
- Improve the operational systems, processes and policies in support of the organization’s mission; specifically, creating systems, reports and policies to enhance clarity within the organization
- Play a significant role in long-term planning, including an initiative geared toward operational excellence
- Organizational Effectiveness
- Risk Management
- Work on payment and remittance to BIR
- Check and validate leaves with admin
- Create fund transfer for BDO to CBC transaction
- Maker for BDO payroll and BIR payment
- Approver for CBC, PHIC, and HDMF
- Check and manage Quickbooks
- Submit monthly report to the Vice Chairman
- Handles HR related issues
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Financial Management, or related field
- Preferably CPA
- At least 3 working years of experience in a similar role
- At least 3 solid years of experience in Financial Management
- At least 2 years in bookkeeping
- Excellent English communication skills, both verbal and written
- Budget development and oversight experience
- Knowledge of tax and other compliance implications of non-profit status
- Knowledge of HR laws, policies and administration
- Excellent computer skills and proficient in Excel, Word and Powerpoint
- Proficient in Quickbooks
- Demonstrated leadership in managing major projects or initiatives
- Excels at operating in a fast-pace environment
- Results oriented
- Ability to take and give constructive criticism and continue moving forward
- Ability to look at situations from several points of view
- Must have knowledge on HR functions such as recruitment & DOLE Requirements
- Must have love of country
Interested applicants should submit their cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline for submitting CV and cover letter is January 31, 2018.